Loquat seeds/stones,where to get some from?

weezil, Jun 14, 11:11pm
I would like to see if i could grow some loquats,would be fun and im willing to give it a go. does anyone know where i could buy seeds/stones of them please. and thankyou

retrogold, Jun 15, 6:32am
Just pick off a tree, never seen them for sale in shops.

cleggyboy, Jun 15, 8:12am
If you find a tree I think they grow easy from cuttings.

From Mr Google:
Take a 6" long cutting from a healthy stem tip, strip the lower leaves, dip the cut end in rooting hormone and place it in a container of moistened potting soil. Place the container in a shaded area in the garden and water regularly. If the cutting develops roots you'll see new growth at the tip of the cutting.

budgel, Jun 15, 9:03am
Anybody who has a loquat tree will have plenty, but it is the wrong time of the year at the moment. Here in the Far North my loquats always have little seedlings sprouting all around them from fallen fruit after the fruiting season.

coop19, Jun 17, 10:55am
Just noticed this Edendale,- Southland? dont like your chances of growing loquats down there in the winter unless you have a micro climate we dont know about. They flower through the winter and even if the
tree grows the frosts will sort out a lot of those. Having said that I saw bananas ripening in Ngaruawahia last summer. A common occurrence around Nth Waikato/BOP now days and certainly around Thames and above. So?

les6, Oct 29, 5:07pm
still a god awful long way from there to edendale?