Cost for Lawns and Gardening done?

jan2242, Oct 10, 5:39pm
Can anyone give me an idea what to pay for lawn mowing c11/2 hours and 11/2 - 2 hours weeding, done fortnightly? I don't want to offer a silly amount yet cannot afford to pay a fortune. Any tips would be very helpful.

bottynoodle, Oct 10, 5:46pm
I pay $40 for 20 min lawn mowing as only small area and $45 an hour for weeding,pruning and all debris taken away.This is in Nelson.

trade_menow, Oct 10, 5:48pm
if you ring around the mowing places they offer quotes without being tied to it

maclad, Oct 10, 6:20pm
At those prices, I need to stop working for wages and go back working for myself. I think it is a bit excessive.

sally63, Oct 10, 6:38pm
I reckon!

jan2242, Oct 10, 8:26pm
Many thanks, but WOW! . I have been spoilt. Should have said it is my mower and petrol that is used, but even then it might out of my price range.

dfd1, Oct 11, 6:37pm
Check out www.neigbourly.co.nz if you are member. there's always someone needing work. $20-30 seems to be the going rate here on the shore.

monsieurl, Oct 11, 8:54pm
I get mine done for $40 for a 45 min to an hour lawn and green waste taken. I used to get a teenager that would come and do it for $20 using my gear and dumping it in the compost but kids being kids was not always able to do them when i wanted them done.

lythande1, Oct 12, 11:04am
Hmm, we had a lawn guy for a bit. With catcher, $25 for 15mins. In Waitakere.

My mum pays $20 for 20 mins, in Napier. She can't find a gardener at all though, she only need about an hour a fortnight. none want to bother.

docsportello, Oct 12, 11:39am
ONE MILLION DOLLARS

jan2242, Oct 12, 12:07pm
Gone are the days were kids need pocket money. We used to do all sorts including lawns for money when I was young. Seems to be a very lazy generation now.

jills3, Oct 12, 12:35pm
So true Jan. Secondary school boys up the road were advertising for work to fund a school trip, pay rate they wanted $25.00 hr.

reeb, Oct 13, 7:05pm
get a older guy to do it, heaps of them around, pinching some of the jobs some business's need ie someone younger that wants to make a living. old guys do it for cash and cheap as, look out for them, they are the ones mowing the lawns, with an old tailer and an old ute or family car, lol.

colin433, Oct 14, 7:31pm
if you have a local buy/sell/freebies facebook colum, there are always people looking for little jobs, but with gardening it's hard to get someone who knows what's a weed and what's not
I reckon if you're palying them cash, then $20 an hour is fine, afterally, they're not paying tax. oops, I didn't really say that

sunflowers28, Oct 15, 12:56am
Cost me $30 to have edges and lawn mowed.$20 for an hour of gardening every two weeks. Green waste removed.

holmda, Mar 6, 8:44am
We pay $25 for lawn mowing - 3 long strips along our driveway, a smallish back yard and even smaller front section. We get is a bit cheaper as he also does our neighbour's property at the same time. So if your neighbour already has somebody, then ask how much it would be to do your section at the same time.