Dichondra/Mercury bay lawns

coralr, Oct 12, 9:57am
this is a last ditched effort to find some Dichondra Clean or if someone knows what we can use. My 91yr old mother has, for 40yrs carefully cultivated a dichondra lawn in her unit and her neighbours.
She used to spray a herbicide called Dichondra clean which killed the grasses growing in it. It is no longer available, not the demand they said. We have sourced a similar product called Karmex, but she has to buy large commercial quantities which is ludicrous for her small lawn. It is not great to see my old mother bending down to weed her lawn by hand. Has anyone had experience with other herbicides she could use?

woody89, Oct 12, 6:09pm
Glyphosphate, kills weeds & grasses but not the mercury bay.

rona1, Oct 12, 6:51pm
yes i noticed my dichondra is still growing strongly thru the dead parts of the lawn.

maclad, Oct 13, 5:17am
It may not kill the Dichondra but is likely to damage it.

dibble35, Sep 2, 7:47pm
Burnetts put out a spray for Dichondra lawns. This may be the one you mentioned that has been discontinued. I have a catalogue at work that is about 2 1/2 years old with it in it. Sorry i'm no wore help than that. although I will look at catalogue tomorrow, maybe even ring burnetts up and see what the story is.