Spa pool and distance from power outlet and taps?

supernova2, Oct 6, 2:32pm
Hi, We have an outside spa and thinking about relocating it. How close can the power outlet be to an outside hose tap?
Also any rules about how close the outlet can be to the pool. At moment it's about 4mts away which leaves the lead snaking about on the paving which seems a bit undesirable.

It's a 15amp jobby and the pipework in the house is a mix of copper and polybute if any of that matters.

Had a look at ECP51 but didn't find anything that looked relevant.
Ta

johotech, Oct 6, 5:56pm
For a spa less than 5000 litres, the power point must be 1.25m or more from the inside rim of the spa pool, and more than 450mm off the ground.

The lead on the ground isn't a big issue, as long as it's in good condition. The power socket must be protected by a RCD and have a protection rating of at least IP5x rated (x can be any number).

Those are the main points.

If it's over 5000 litres, then it's a swimming pool and there are slightly different requirements.

geoff_m, Oct 7, 12:47pm
Don't forget the recent changes to pool fencing or lockable hard covers.

supernova2, Mar 11, 9:05pm
Thanks.

Has a lockable cover so that's ok.

It's on a RCD and its a proper outside socket so that should be ok. 1.25m from the lip means it will have to be moved and 450mm above ground might be a biarch but then again it's a weatherboard wall so can probably come up thru the bottom plate and inside the wall cavity. Sparky's gona love groveling about under the house I'm sure. Fortunately somebody was clever enough to put a draw wire down from the switchboard when the house was built.

450 will put it above the level of the tap. However now I've had another look the tap will be behind the pool's new location so that might get moved as well.

Now all I need to do it get the drainlayer to decide where he intends to put the new gully trap (trying to avoid rooting up the paving) and we might be able to get out outside area semi sorted by Xmas.