Replacement recliner handle

4rdfan4eva, Mar 3, 11:56pm
Does anyone know the easiest place to get a replacement recliner handle for a John Young chair please? Not having too much luck with Google.

wendalls, Mar 4, 9:17am
Give up! I tried 3 yrs ago as ours snapped. Then, the metal reclining mechanisms bent and we couldn't replace those either. Went out in the in organic. Shame cos everyone loved those chairs. Kept the couch as a spare cos we were so attached to it. Awful green colour but the dog loves it.

4rdfan4eva, Mar 4, 9:38am
Not sounding hopeful, the lounge suite is still in great condition so I don't want to buy another lounge suite at the moment.

dansac, Mar 4, 11:58pm
Try Dixie Cummings NZ LTD, Rymer Place Mangere Bridge. 09 634 7674
They work out of the the Old John Young building and still sell lounge suites, recliners etc, if they do not have one they should be able to help.
Unsure if John Young, the trade name, is still going.

4rdfan4eva, Mar 5, 2:47am
Will give them a try, thank you.

magoo2, Mar 5, 5:45am
email a photo to these people .they have lots of spare parts for recliner chairs http://www.upholstererskapiti.co.nz/

4rdfan4eva, Mar 5, 7:30am
Another option, thank you.

4rdfan4eva, Mar 10, 9:18pm
Rung them up and was talking to a very helpful lady, handle replaced and working as good as new. Feet up now enjoying a coffee, thanks again for your help.

gilligee, Mar 10, 11:17pm
Well done Trademe Thread.

dansac, Apr 21, 5:51am
That is excellent, keep the feet up and enjoy that coffee!
I have purchased heaps from them over the years, they often have sales at the factory, they are the nicest people to deal with, so pleased they are the same with everyday queries.