Freezer ice inside door

roseann48, Mar 31, 6:38pm
My frig freezer forms ice down one side of the freezer door. The seals appear fine. I turned it off overnight & cleaned it etc & all was well for a few weeks. Have tried same again to no avail. Any ideas? I should add it is a small 2 basket freezer below main frig - approx. 10 years old.

cantabman1, Mar 31, 6:55pm
It is what is known as wet insulation.
your only cause of action is to completely defrost the unit, and leave it empty with the doors fully open for two to three days to allow all the moisture to dry out and drain away.
If you don't want to do that, then your other option, is to replace it.
[Ex whiteware appliance retailer] Had the same prob with mine last year and followed the above advice, all ok now.

roseann48, Mar 31, 11:23pm
Thank you cantabman1. Love the easy no cost fix.

johotech, Mar 31, 11:47pm
Is it solid ice or more like snow?
If it's snow, then probably the door seal. Solid ice probably means wet insulation.

roseann48, Apr 1, 9:04am
It is more like snow, wipes off quite easily. I should of explained that in my original post.

daryl14, Feb 14, 2:49pm
If you want to speed the process up. I have taken my freezer outside in the sun and sprayed the icebox out with a hose. If you do that for long enough all the cold gas in the pipes will warm up, and then you can just dry out with a towel. Just don't spray anything electrical like the light or thermostat.

If ice is specifically forming near the door it would indicate a leaking seal, allowing the freezer to draw in humid air.