How do i cover a pond?

angel08, Apr 4, 8:31am
We have a small pond outside that we want to cover/fill in. does anyone know the easiest way to do this? its not that big maybe 1mtr by .5mts. any advice is much appreciated :)

budgel, Apr 4, 9:36am
I had one that I punched a few holes in the bottom so the water would drain, and filled it with soil then planted flowers in it.

daryl14, Apr 4, 8:22pm
Well which is it? Cover it or fill it in? What's the reasoning? You can make a frame and put wire netting over it if you have fish in it. If it's empty then fill it with dirt. Or pull whatever lining it has out completely.

ira78, Apr 4, 8:22pm
You don't, ponds are great, they should never be removed.

Alternatively it depends, is it concrete, fiberglass, pond liner? Punch a bunch of holes in it or pull it out depending on the lining and fill it in with dirt. It's really not rocket science.

angel08, Apr 5, 8:35am
Thank you for the replies, its a pond liner, was here when we moved in but not filled and no pump, so we don't really know how to maintain it etc so until we can afford the bits and bobs (pumps etc) we would like to fill it in/cover it. Some great ideas (that honestly didn't come to mind) im obviously no gardener/outdoorsy type person nor a rocket scientist lol

harrislucinda, Feb 13, 11:58am
Put planks over then put pot plants on