Tomato liquid fertiliser

camelot9, Nov 22, 8:10am
Has anyone used tomato liquid fertiliser on tomatoes? Do they work?

I bought "Tom-A-Rite", followed the instructions, but the toms stopped growing. The plants are still alive, just not growing.

Anyone had this experience before?

Thanks.

lyndad59, Nov 22, 9:16am
I also have the same problem ,but here in ChCh we had a frost a couple of weeks ago & it "knocked " my plant ! I think it will be ok .Are your leaves curling at all ? Mine were near the bottom so I removed those

cantabman1, Nov 22, 6:03pm
If it is a Tom Fert, then of course it will work. Cold weather has not helped this season as Toms like it hot to grow. Somewhere in the 20-25 degree temp range for fruit to really get going.
As far as late frosts are concerned, a trick is the use of a seaweed extract product called Seasol. It changes the plant moleclues protecting them against frost; it also has a side effect of sweeter fruit.
GOOD LUCK!

camelot9, Nov 22, 10:45pm
Thanks for your replies.
I forgot to say that three toms are in a mini greenhouse, so I'm sure the frost would not be the cause.

No, the leaves are not curling.

Maybe I have a bad batch? Have bought a different tom liquid fertilser, so will try that. Failing that, I'll just rip out the outside toms and buy new plants.

aurora5, Nov 23, 8:03am
Oderings have a good range of liquid fertilisers for all types of plants like citrus, orchids,tomatoes in small bottles that when made dilute to make up 150 litres,

grannypam, Jul 24, 5:19pm
A teaspoon of Epsom salts around each tomato plant is a great fertiliser.