Tomato question

2bakerz, Oct 31, 1:59am
A couple of my tomato plants have what looks like curly leaf. The leaves are not marked in fact a nice dark green colour but curling inwards. Not all leaves are affected, just the top ones. Plants are not quite a metre high at this stage. Any ideas/cures?

citydude, Oct 31, 5:56pm
Sounds like over-watering :)

lythande1, Oct 31, 6:20pm
Or Psyillid. Google it, a new bug, now here to stay. Very tiny and the eggs/larvae even tinier.
Hard to spot.

maverick works. the plant, if it isn't left infested, will still grow and produce tomatoes.

5425, Oct 31, 11:31pm
If in an enclosure/greenhouse maybe the result of a large temp differential to the current light levels. If this , will go away by December as the days are longer.

2bakerz, Nov 1, 2:20am
Definitely not over-watering, and it's outside. I did think of psyllid but didn't know quite what it was, but Mr Google has helped except I definitely can't see any tiny thingos on the leaves. I have just carefully removed the curly ones, luckily not too many yet. So will just keep an eye on the others and hope for the best. Thanks for replies

summersunnz, Nov 2, 11:05am
It's probably not psyllid's as they hatch around January. ie. early varieties of potatoes like Jersey Bennes and Cliffs Kidney can be grown as they are ready to harvest before the psyllid's are around, whereas main crop type potatoes can be affected.

lythande1, Nov 2, 6:37pm
The eggs are so small. like half the size of a poppy seed.
I have it already, but never mind, spraying and will leave it in.

coop19, Nov 2, 7:35pm
I am surprised no one has suggested weedkiller overspray. Roundup sprayed by an ex neighbour drifted many metres to sort out my tomato crop one year. Effects started off in a similar fashion to your description. Many survived but never really got over it. Managed to do it to a Kaka Beak myself last year, they seem to be really touchy. Trying to get away from using this sort of crap now.

bluefrog2, Aug 11, 1:56pm
Large temperature changes can do that. First check for bugs. If there are no bugs, and the leaves are a nice colour with no other blemishes other than curling, then think about the temperature around your house in the last couple of weeks.
If you've had cold nights with hot days, it'll be temperature changes. Doesn't affect the plant later on as far as I can tell.