How to clean the black stuff off fences?

clareo, Oct 3, 8:34am
Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

gabbysnana, Oct 3, 7:27pm
Home waterblaster $100 from bunnings primo toy can clean anything.

vickyh1, Oct 3, 10:18pm
Wooden fence? Spray it down with anything containing peroxide (napisan for example), leave for 15 mins, scrub with a brush to loosen if necessary then hose off. Don't use chlorine bleach or high pressure water blaster as it can damage the wood fibres. (Although tbh if it's rough cut wood it probably won't do much harm).

clareo, Oct 4, 4:10am
Thanks - have been busy with a water blaster today and what a difference. Doesn't appear to be any damage either.

juliebabe, Oct 5, 10:54pm
Yes I am interested in this as my wooden fence needs re-staining, it has black stuff and green slime on it.

I want to clean it so I can re-stain it, but I don't want to damage it.

sally63, Oct 5, 11:12pm
Thanks but cant see a $100 one at Bunnings!

workerbee, Oct 6, 2:54am
I had the trees removed from in front of a wooden fence that was covered in mould once it was revealed.

I sprayed it with a mixture of 50:50 bleach and water and then gave it a bit of a scrub and hosed it down. Came out fine.

golfdiver, Oct 6, 4:15am
get some slow release mosskiller. anything with alkyl dimethyl benylkonium in it. I really should get around to marketing our product on trade me.

clareo, Oct 6, 8:13am
Yes you would probably do well from it.
Our fences look fantastic after a water blasting.

ferrit47, Oct 7, 3:18am
Go and look at The www.wetandforget.co.nz website. They have lots of products for that stuff.

marte, Sep 7, 10:55pm
This stuff works. It kills the mold and moss spores so it won,t let anything grow on it for a while.
It can be used to kill moss in lawns too.

Bleach and stuff just kills what you can see.

I used the BAC stuff on weatherboards before repainting them. It soaks in a bit and gives residual protection.