Chainsaw bar oil

Page 2 / 2
zoopa, Dec 7, 12:04am
There is that. Many a mechanic has started wearing gloves.

friendly_prawn, Dec 7, 1:32am
Used diesel oil isn't carcinogenic.
Besides barbecued meat is carcinogenic, so is alcohol. Going to stop using them?

timbo69, Dec 10, 6:25am
I suppose you put waste oil in you car too?

maclad, Dec 10, 6:40am
Why not, it is not harmful, not carcinogenic, it is free and all those wee fine metal particles will not harm your engine at all. I say go for it and stop supporting all those oil rich countries overseas and save yourselves some serious money.

friendly_prawn, Dec 11, 12:19am
Actually I go one step better.
Regardless of K's, I do an oil change every year or possibly even two. Had a car that ran well for 5 years before I sold it, with out ever doing an oil change. Why use waste oil. Better to just not change it. ;-)

Makes me laugh when people say you're engine will blow up if you don't do an oil change. Over the years I have saved myself a fortune in maintenance on vehicles.

That should give you something to have a good whinge about lol

gamefisher, Dec 11, 10:57pm
The extra wear from using waste oil will be minimal and OK for the occasional use but when used commercially 8 hour a day it is messy compared to proper chain bar oil. There could also be health issues if exposed to it 8 hours a day.

marte, Dec 12, 6:06am
If you are cutting wood thats going to be used on a Hangi, use Canola oil.

Engine oil will contaminate the Hangi, its smell gets into the food.

upnorth, Dec 13, 8:55am
Most oil is ok except knightsoil.

dajoki, Dec 13, 8:22pm
I thought the idea was to burn the wood, not eat it.

trade4us2, Dec 14, 12:13am
I thought mineral engine oil is bad to breathe in.

timbo69, Dec 14, 12:43am
If you think your saving money - go for it.

trade4us2, Jul 7, 3:46pm
I do my own oil changes. I use fully synthetic titanium Castrol and platinum plugs. I've never had an engine pack up. Usually the car goes rusty first.