Stihl battery powered chainsaw

geoff_m, Feb 28, 4:26pm
Anyone have any opinions on Stihl battery powered chainsaws (MSA120 or MSA140). I have several petrol powered chainsaws of various sizes, but 'er outdoors doesn't like using them and wants a battery one of her own as lighter and easier to use (and start).

We had some arbourists in around the house and 90% of what they cut was with battery saws and they weren't mucking around. I was impressed - they had real performance and were quiet.

sprinter51, Feb 28, 5:21pm
With only a 12" bar and 1/2 hour run time she cant do much damage to the forests
Fire wood
the odd branch here and there should be just fime

magenta, Feb 28, 7:26pm
I have an Ego battery chainsaw. The thing has a lot of power although because the bar is small it needs sharpening regularly. I bought it for me but husband now uses it more than I do. We still have big Stihl saw for big jobs, but electric for everything else. I was going to get a Stihl but the Ego was much cheaper and I already had the weed eater in the Ego range so went with that range.

quane1, Mar 5, 6:35pm
I borrowed a Stihl weedeater it was great. Not heard of Ego.

woody89, Mar 6, 10:33am
Hubby bought me a Hitachi battery powered chainsaw. It's brilliant! He has the full range of tools ie trimmers, skillsaws, drills. anyway that means that he has several batteries & keeps them charged so running out of power isn't an issue. Best of all, he likes it so much, he does the work! He has a range of Stihl petrol chainsaws but this one is capable of doing quite a bit & is so quiet & light to handle.

tegretol, Dec 13, 11:06pm
Interestingly, the ACC figures show a very high claims number for battery/mains powered chainsaws.

This is thought to be related to the fact that a hairy vibrating and stinking chainsaw is perceived as being pretty dangerous whilst a silent, smooth and instant one is perceived as a womens machine with no need for safety gear or training.

They both enjoy chewing human flesh at the same rate.