Ants in sarked ceiling

rpvr, Apr 21, 3:14am
We have a ceiling consisting of wooden tongue and groove sarking over the beams, over which there is a layer of pink batts and then the colorsteel roof. There are ants in there chucking down their dead and bits of debris, and you can't get at them with spray. Pest control companies have told us it's very difficult, and in some cases people have had to get sections of the roof taken off to spray them, as there is no air cavity to spray into from the ceiling side. We understandably want to avoid this if possible. Have been baiting the ants on the ground at several points throughout the summer, which has reduced but not eliminated them. Anyone had this problem, and what did you do?

whitehead., Apr 21, 3:48am
it can take 6months to a year to kill a large any nest . i was finding 2/3 ants in my sink every day and then one night i went to the loo at 11.30 and there was a black strip of ants coming for water i set a foodbait for them and after the first day i had to top it up then i notices that they were removing the dead just the bodys not the head and legs it took more than 6 months to kill them . i have photos of a strip of black going down my wall about a foot wide

nilaveli, Jan 29, 1:40am