Ants ruddy ants

charie4, Nov 27, 5:49am
I have been using ant baits-3 different types over 1 year and still they come-how do I get rid of them? I have used 2 tubes of ant paste 2 tubes of "no more ants" and am now using raid ant bait and still they come.

digmen1, Nov 27, 6:04am
Yes, and I also don't like the way they get under your pavers etc.

Their holes must do some long term damage to your foundations also.

tub4, Nov 27, 6:33am
ant sand and repeat a few times, this works but takes time

zl2adl, Nov 27, 6:50am
I brought some stuff from Bunning's which I think was a Raid product and it was advertised on TV as being like a professional, almost spray and walk away! Stuff when sprayed on ant trails seems to be instant kill and they stay away. It even deals to spiders and sorts out wing mirrors for spiders for a month or two. Its in a 2L platic container with a remote sprayer.

smooch19, Nov 29, 4:38am
Organic is the way to go! Mix 3 tbs baking soda and 1 tbsp of icing sugar with water and pour along the cracks.All the ants nests disappeared.Aparrantly ants do not have a digestive systems so they eat it and then blow up!1.Worked for me.

jills3, Nov 29, 8:32am
Thanks for that recipe I will try it.

nonsta, Nov 29, 10:45am

gpg58, Nov 29, 11:02am
Had the sods raiding my cupboards when living in auckland, they love raspberry jam roll. But that was there undoing, i followed the solid black line to their nest in a crack in concrete drive, 1/2 a gallon of petrol down a funnel, problem solved.

lythande1, Nov 29, 6:50pm
Because it doesn't kill the nest. Scouts bring the bait but other scouts bring other food, not all the nest is eating it. So the queen just makes more ants.
Find the nest, kill the whole nest. Fly spray will do it.

Trouble is, getting access to the nest can be a problem.

And. even if you do, I don't think people relapse how many nests there are on one small section. a whole heap. so eventually new ants move in.

rhubarb57, Jul 17, 2:48pm
i swear by ripcord