Which paint system to use?

lissie, Sep 9, 9:17pm
I've always used Resene paints - but as we are, over the next few years, be up for painting the whole house inside and out I wondered what are my options?

Outside we have hardiplank which is in a super exposed coastal site - we need something very, very tough.

Inside there is going to be a mixture of old surfaces (mixed paint and wallpaper) and new gib in the bathroom and kitchen.

It seems far cheaper to buy 10l at a time rather than smaller quantities - is there any issue with keeping paint for a few years - except you have to stir it up again properly?

Mitre 10 has a special on Accent at the moment which I think is Dulux - so I am tempted .

eagles9999, Sep 11, 2:26am
I painted my house with Timbacryl. Got the benefit of being able to just add another coat as needed

golfdiver, Sep 11, 3:38am
why don't you just "bump " your other threads on this topic rather than restarting them?

lissie, Sep 11, 4:08am
I've not asked the question before - and couldn't find anything on the search function

lissie, Sep 11, 4:10am
Oh I see what you mean- it was a duplicate - and I couldn't find a way to delete the thread - TM really does need to improve its message board system!

kcc55a, Sep 11, 4:44am
you can delete or edit usually within 5 mins of submitting

macandrosie, Sep 11, 8:58am
I love the Resene colours. Their roof paints are more extensive than other brands. Their neutrals & whites are very good too. They usually have a sale in October can have as much as 30% off or if you have a Farmlands card you get good discounts all the time.

trade4us2, Sep 11, 11:15am
I always use Wattyl Solagard. No primer or undercoat needed, and it sticks to itself well.

moniemonies, Sep 11, 12:25pm
VALSPA (sp) at Mitre 10 could be worth looking at, they have a good name for themselves by all accounts.

moniemonies, Sep 11, 12:26pm
Their colour range is amazing!

treens2, Oct 3, 12:01pm
Love resene paints, have nearly finished painting the interior off my 2 storey villa. Purchased most off the paint pre earthquake in chch, have found some really good bargains on tm. Also good too look at resene sales.