Door on carport

deb821, Sep 8, 11:22am
Has anyone done this? Any innovative ideas for type of doors? Does not have to be conventional types. Looking for economical ideas to pretty up the area. Cannot have a garage in location, and it has sides on both sides, so not totally open

trad, Sep 8, 9:20pm
I have seen a rolladoor fitted to a carport.

russ18, Sep 9, 12:15am
A couple of shower curtains.

tahnasha, Sep 9, 10:53am

deb821, Sep 12, 10:14am
Any other ideas? I think I might be limited to one's that open out due to roof height

sonja2, Sep 12, 10:35am
A couple of big hinged wooden doors opening out?
A pair of hinged bifold doors would mean you would need less space outside.

deb821, Sep 13, 10:26am
Thanks everyone,, been considering the weight also, could also do 3 panel on one side, one on the other, not obvious when shut, and as this is the only access that one panel could work like a door. Could put castor wheel on 3 panel to stop weight pulling on hinge. Just a kiwi no 8 wire idea. Trying to do economical but practical

jaymac1, Sep 13, 11:49am
Hi, I made two hinged doors for my front fence, which were quite big. What I did was to buy the steel pipe frame gates (without the wire mesh), then mounted wooden fence palings to the steel gates. It wasn't an easy exercise, (and I have a long history in the building and engineering business), but the end product was worth it.

gpg58, Sep 13, 8:13pm
I made a pair of trellis gates, and covered them with brush screening.
Not sure of rules, but i think if you end up with all sides closed, it may get defined as a garage if somebody complains (mine still has half of one side open).

deb821, Oct 1, 3:51pm
Gp 58 sounds close to what I want, with the oriental trellis. Door easily removed if any complaint, but would not imagine any issue unless maybe a communal area where someone took offence