Lily of the Valley - I liked it but not now

elsielaurie1, Nov 24, 7:18am
it seems to be taking over parts of the garden where I don't want it.Any suggestions on how to get rid of it! It has chosen to grow up amongst my violets and is not far from entering the rest of my garden. I have driven in old oven trays on their edge as a barrier, but think it may find it's way around or under these. Apart from totally digging my garden up, violets and all, any other suggestions would be welcomed.

twocorks, Nov 24, 7:59am
Im afraid its down on hands and knees to dig this beautiful plant out, boy can it send the roots out ,we even have it in our lawn, I took buckets full out last year. Good Luck.

alford2, Nov 25, 7:54pm
Wouldn't you know it--have lost the plants the three times I have tried to grow it-and I wanted a spreading mass---

maclad, Nov 26, 4:29am
There are probably plenty of gardeners who would love to take some of this, lovely old fashioned plant, off your hands. Lucky you being able to grow it to the extent where it has become a problem

gilligee, Nov 26, 4:54am
I have been planting small plants, big plants and great big blocks of plants for years with no luck at all. Just be grateful!

antoniab, Nov 26, 6:12am
Lucky you! lol wish I could grow it!

bugin, Nov 26, 9:04am
I sprayed mine 2 times last year with roundup and pulse,and got rid of 90%.The rest did not flower and I will do it again soon.

mrfxit, Nov 26, 10:27pm
THAT idea, I like.
It's a pesty CREEPER, what else did you expect, . it to stay where you put it . LOL NOPE.

elsielaurie1, Nov 27, 3:28am
Yay. Good idea.To those of you who love this old fashion flower/weed, don't get the impression that I don't like it as well. It's just that it has started to take-over. I never planted it. I have been here nigh on 19years and it is only this past year, probably due to it having been extra wet, that it has taken off.It is growing, facing the south in the shade of the garden shed.If anyone would like a plant or two or three, I have decided to list some on my TM site within the next few days. Postage will be the dearest part of the sale.

cmjbp, Nov 27, 11:52am
Im sure you will have no trouble selling them.I bought some on here earlier this year.
536955016 for a price guide lol

amph981, Nov 28, 1:47am
I would love to be able to grow them ,any spares needing a home would have a welcome here.

vomo2, Nov 25, 6:02am
Its as scarce as hens teeth here in the Naki, we would love to have it even if it was a pest!