Box Hedge Issues

jimmy_one, Jul 16, 12:55am
Hi All

Have moved to a new flat that has box hedges, when I moved in a week and half ago there was slight brown on the hedges and felt dry.
Did start watering every couple of days but now half the hedges are brown/yellow
The flat wasnt lived in for the last month so maintenance done on them

Does anyone know how I can revive them or is it something else causing this, ie winter, cool temperatures in the last week etc

Will upload photos shortly of them

Cheers
James

cantabman1, Jul 16, 1:28am
Sounds like it may have been sprayed.Try Ebbs n salts as a reviver, otherwise I don't know.

maclad, Jul 16, 4:16am
Cold weather can do this and a good feed in early spring will help

jbsouthland, Jul 16, 5:10am
This . I feed mine sheep pellet soup . they slurp it up and flourish.
i have discovered not all buxus edging is equal . Some have a brownish tinge thru the year. others stay green and lush .

curlybear446, Jul 18, 9:07am
They are happiest in free draining soil and they are heavy feeders.

onyx-1, Jul 19, 7:33am
Box hedge as in buxus? They don't like the cold so could explain browning, I would give them a good feed of npk. See what happens.

samanya, Jul 20, 5:33am
A Buxus blight thingy was doing the rounds down here a couple of years ago . might pay to ask Mrs Google for some descriptions & images to compare. I lost a few & it was well entrenched, before I noticed it.

maclad, Jul 20, 5:39am
If Buxus blight then the leaves will drop leaving dead bare stems. Far more likely to be the cold and need of fertilizer as well as somewhat being natural.

samanya, Jul 20, 6:09am
In my experience, it takes a while for the blight symptoms to become apparent & by then the plants are stuffed. That's down my way, anyway & I am observant around my garden.
Let's hope it's not that, though.

golfdiver, Jul 21, 2:44am
Were you meaning Epsom salts by any chance?

stevo2, Nov 18, 10:17am
I feed mine blood and bone once a year. Looks great