Painting picket fence

jh34, Sep 13, 8:32pm
I have a picket fence which has (I think) Timbycrl on it.
About 2 years ago I brought paint from Resene for it. I bought Lumberside and had it tinted the colour of the roof (new denim). I bought 2 pails and (from memory) they cost about $150 in total. I see Mitre10 has Accent fence paint for $98.
I think I may have made a mistake (I don't hear that well and at Resene you talk across a wide table and they have girls who can mumble at times)?
I'm wondering the best way to prepare: water blast or scrub and sand?

I got a quote for a new steel fence and it was $8600. I no longer need the privacy as I'm getting the house and garden looking nicer and it is good to lighten up the street (a bit of a dog's breakfast).

johotech, Sep 13, 10:27pm
There's nothing wrong with the Lumbersider. You paid for a better quality product than the Accent paint.

If the existing paint is in good condition, you should only need to give it a scrub with a brush. Even better if you use some paint prep & housewash.
http://www.resene.co.nz/comn/whtsnew/paint_prep.htm

If it is in bad condition, you need to do more prep - scraping with a linbide, sanding etc.

xs1100, Oct 1, 11:57am
what about if the paints already flaking and its been waterblasted by old owner told it just needs a wirebrush and paint over