My tomato's are wilting!

thedevil1, Nov 21, 4:42am
i bought 2 punnets of tomatos from warehouse 2 weeks ago and planted them. they look stressed and leaves going rusty colour with black spots on them.
yet! i planted some from mitre 10 at the same time and they are healthy as.
same soiletc.
do you think the ones i got from warehouse have a blight!

761, Nov 21, 4:59am
looks like a disease in a case like that its still early so just pull them out and replant in a diffent place or dig a shovel full of soil out and put some in from a different place in the garden

thedevil1, Nov 21, 5:36am
thanks will do that.
would cow s**t be too stong for them!
my garden is soil and cowshed cleanings.

graham14, Nov 21, 7:27am
I think I would dispose of them and get some more. They could infect your healthy plants

macandrosie, Nov 21, 8:23am
I've had the same problem with some of my plants, have ripped them out, & will get more plants. Will replace some of the soil as well.

family007, Nov 13, 7:48am
Sounds like a nasty fungus to me, I'd rip the plants out and plant in a different area of the garden. Don't plant in the same spot. Get some Basimid granules (around $40 for a huge bottle). Dig down about 10-20 cm. Sprinkle a liberal amount of granules onto soil and cover with 10-20cm soil. Trample down firmly. After a couple of days you'll smell a horrid fish smell, thats the gases doing the work of killing all the bugs and viruses in the soil. 2 weeks dig over soil and let aerate. 2 weeks later plant some quick germinating seeds, eg radishes. If they come up, you can plant.Dig over soil with a little compost or cow manure and let settle, then plant!
I lost tomato plant after tomato plant in my glasshouse for no apparent reason, sterilised my soil with the granules and now have a good crop coming!