Good plumbers hard to find Waiarapa

james213, Apr 8, 9:38am
I have been looking for a good honest plumber to finish off our plumbing - wood burner flue, solar hot water and other minor plumbing and seems difficult to find one the last plumber we stopped from finishing the job as they burnt the carpet, braised on the newly painted framing leaving burn marks, tried to add 10 extra hours to the job@$60per hour when they were never there, kinked the flexi pipe under the sink so there as no pressure and tried to charge for extra parts that were not installed.
We brought this to there attention and paid $2000 less from $6000
but still have not found any plumbers that anyone would recommend.

piquant, Apr 8, 10:00am
Try Alistair MacDonald from Laser Plumbing or Stephen Graham Plumbing.

kaydee16, Apr 8, 10:25am
I would recommend Stephen Graham too.

maverick67, Feb 9, 12:43pm
I also been trying to get hold of a plumber.

I tried Laser, and told Alistair would contact me. Phoned several times but they have never called us back, had the same problem with several other plumbers, phoned and left numerous messages but they never return the call. How hard do you have to chase to actually give someone some work?

When I did get one who replied they came to quote, the quote what we had bee told. i.e 2 days labour for one plumber. (which we understand charge between $55-65 p/hr plus parts etc. The quote based on $65ph + GST would mean either 4 days work for the same job or a true rate of $130 hour.

Other people who had solar put have said it was only 1 day to install this system, and the other work was no more than 1 day. We had no parts as it was installing solar and it came as a complete kit. Have not tried Stephen Graham so will give him a go.