To all the plumbers.Taps?

kammie, Jul 2, 9:08pm
I am about to do a reno on the bathroom. Which Tapeware is good quality please. Thanks in advance.

mlarkin, Jul 2, 11:07pm
Can't go wrong with Methven. They were in the 1920's home I grew up in - no problems. Installed a Greenway tap in reno kitchen 1980's had endless problems. Renovated ensuite 6 years ago in different house and really pleased with them (including adjustable shower head). Main bathroom in this house already had Methven tapware - been in roughly 15 years and again no problems. In process of renovating kitchen and have been recommended Methven for mixer tap over sink. All kitchen firms I have spoken to say the same - bit more expensive but quality and reliable for years.

Main thing to avoid is tapware offered by the large hardware barns - most made in Asia. Capricorngirl

lythande1, Jul 2, 11:19pm
And not all the same either.
Some cheap or expensive ones have crap inserts.
Some cheap or expensive ones have good inserts.
Thats' the main thing to look at.

30 July, 2013
Tapware maker Methven buys its Chinese supplier

New Zealand tapware manufacturer Methven has announced that it will buy Chinese company Invention Sanitary for as much as $US 10 million.

The Chinese company was established 12 years ago, purely to supply Methven with products that the Auckland-based company had designed, .

mlarkin, Jul 3, 3:21am
Had heard the rumour about Methven buying the Chinese company - obviously to cut labour costs, but by doing so, they have control of quality which is the main concern. Capricorngirl

bastardsquad, Jul 3, 7:56am
Installed Greens brand in a reno abt 18 months ago. Not the most expensive, but far from the cheapest. Was sold by Chesters and Mitre10 , so not a 'hardware barn' only brand. Totally happy with the finish and performance.
Tapware gets a hammering over it's lifetime in most instances, don't buy the cheapest no name brand.

kammie, Dec 1, 9:09am
Thanks for your time and advice guys.