Getting painted glass splashbacks

dsdee, Sep 30, 3:55am
In a new kitchen , and I am wondering if in the future we want a different colour, will it be a major job to replace the old one.

Thanks d

wine-o-clock, Sep 30, 5:33am
not sure, but I highly recommend the glassroom in chch

blans, Sep 30, 5:53am
I think they are only attached with a blob of adhesive in each corner so shouldnt be difficult to remove.

bannylou, Sep 30, 9:05am
They are easy to remove and replace. A decent glazier has the right tools to remove it without damaging it

choosy7, Sep 30, 9:34am
Easier and cheaper to get clear/opaque glass and paint the wall behind it when you want to change.

ozglenn, Oct 1, 10:49am
Yes they are easy to remove when removing from a gib wall,not so easy to remove when glued to tiles and other hard surfaces,painting the wall and using clear glass over it is a terrible idea,the glass has to be glued on and silicone sealed around the outside-clear glass means you will see all the glue

meoldchina, Oct 1, 6:35pm
Don't do it!
Glass splashbacks are high maintenance. Every time you use your cook top you will need to wipe it clean and every time you wipe it clean it leaves smears.
I can't wait to get rid of mine.

mikew, Oct 1, 9:30pm
I wouldn't .

tui93, Oct 2, 1:10am
What's better instead then?

tigra, Oct 2, 2:04am
You need to stop cooking those greasies or get a better Range hood

fordcrzy, Sep 14, 8:16am
look at large gloss tiles instead. we used square edged tiles 600x300 as the splashback. not only was it 20% the price of a glass splash back but the colour suited the rest of the decour. easy to clean and we sealed the grout lines so no staining. our new house has a mosaic tile splash back and again the secret is to seal the grout. not hard to keep clean at all even though our new tiles are not smooth at all. i thought it would be a nightmare but its fine