Wallpaper, curled joins

don1751, May 25, 2:25am
Has anyone had any success in gluing down curled up wallpaper joints?

les6, May 25, 2:49am
a bit of pva glue and strategically placed masking tape to hold it down while the glue dries.don`t leave the tape on any longer than you need to.

beachboy61, May 25, 8:21am
You can get Selleys Wallpaper glue in a small bottle at Bunnings; but for very difficult joins I use contact adhesive, let each surface get tacky then push together. You also need a wallpaper edge roller that is a small wooden or plastic wheel on a small handle that is designed for rolling up and down on edges to apply pressure to the joined edges.

intheoneone, May 25, 9:25am
As above, Selleys stick-back wallpaper glue for overlapping, torn, curled edges, fast wet grab, dries clear. 100ml for around $7-8. I've used it recently and it worked a treat, no need to buy any special tool, just use a metal scrapper, small screwdriver or something to apply pressure on the joins and it'll be fine. Good luck.

planespotterhvn, May 25, 2:10pm
Those edge rollers are the cause of edges lifting. They squeeze all of the paste away from the edge allowing them to lift. Do not use edge rollers. A bit of pVA or wallpaper paste and a few dress makers pins hammered in to hold the edge down while the glue dries. If you use masking tape use the Blue easy release low tack type tape or you risk pulling off the surface of the wallpaper.

brighteyes16, May 29, 8:49am
Edge rollers can exaggerate the problem. The cause is due to the paper backing, expanding when wet. Some papers are worse than others.
It is not a problem with paste the wall, wall covering as the backing is a type of fabric rather than a paper.

j96, Dec 29, 12:44am
father in law told me a neat trick the other day, put some wallpaper glue on and wait till it goes tacky, then get a damp/wet cloth and put it over the wallpaper and iron it. Works perfect apparently