Roof costs?

emz24, Apr 20, 5:53am
You are probably looking around the $12000-$15000 mark for Colour steel corrugate option. Depending on the amount of flashings needed for the different pitches in the roof

christin, Apr 20, 6:00am
Thanks. Would it be much cheaper in Zincalume!the house isnt that long its just the ptiches that will make it a bit more $$$ wise id imagine!

How long would it take to do too! a few days, a week or way more!

Thanks, just nice to know what sort of range, so i dont get ripped off.Been there done that simply cause im female lol (on car repairs that didnt need doing, lucky i sussed them out before hand!)

emz24, Apr 20, 6:10am
It would a few days. Usually 2 or 3 days. Colour steel is better quality and usually cheaper from the companys I've used.

cmrd, Apr 21, 3:48am
I had mine done 2 years ago, went to the builderscrack site for quotes, they ranged between $11k and $24k all for the same thing, removing concrete tiles and replacing with coloursteel. My house is 130sqm. It took a week, but I got it done in June so while it didn't rain that week we had some heavy frosts which meant it was too dangerous to get up there till around lunchtime.

ebygum1, Apr 21, 4:20am
And don't forget to allow around $6000 for scaffold/edge protection. You won't get a proffessional to replace a roof without it these days.

fordkiwi27, Apr 21, 4:31am
6k! to buy it you mean!

ebygum1, Apr 21, 4:39am
Nope,it seems to be the going rate to hire it/have it erected and removed after the job is completed.

trad, Apr 21, 4:57am
I had roof replaced this year. 110 sq metre house, moderate roof pitch. Hipped. $14000 included $3000 for walk around scaffold - (I also painted upper parts). House is one story at front, two the rear.

fordkiwi27, May 9, 3:54pm
6k is way too much.