Wanting to buy a sturmer pippin apple tree.

mnkool, Mar 6, 7:44am
HiI have one already and I think they are really nice apples for cooking with and I would like to buy another plant but havent had any luck finding one. Does anyone know where I could find such a apple tree!

harrislucinda, Mar 6, 7:56am
no theoldsturmerishad tofindUnlesssome1hassomeseeds

bugin, Mar 6, 8:04am
If youcontact someone from the tree crops association,I recommend Edible garden Ltd Sarah Frater,06 3538986 she will definitely be able to help you.
Alternatively you could get a Premier Star tree and really do yourself a favour.Google it.

bugin, Mar 6, 8:06am
OOPS thats the fax no.Try 06 353 8987.
This info is from 2009 tree crops members handbook.

piquant, Mar 6, 7:55pm
Yes, I would second bugin's recommendation - Sarah is your girl and you are so close - too! I would, however, stress that you contact her now - even though your tree will not be available till about June - she does sell out of some orders so get in quick! It rather sounds as if you may have a double grafted tree - Sturmers are usually only marketed as Sturmers (no Pippin) so you may have one which actually produces Sturmers AND (probably) Cox's Orange Pippin as both are dual purpose apples. If you really want a lovely flavoured COOKING apple - try a Bramley. They cook up to a froth and are absolutely delicious. I'm in apple pie heaven at the moment!

katelin1, Mar 8, 6:52am
Get your local garden centre to order you a sturmer, they will be able to get in with their winter fruit trees.

cameron-albany, Apr 8, 11:43am
just off the top of my head (if the above great suggestions don't give you any joy) you can try the seed-saving crowds.the one I always go to is Koanga Gardens and I buy all my lovely heirloom varieties from them (veges, herbs and fruit).Just google Koanga Gardens and see what they've got available.

Mmm lovely traditional apple trees - you can't beat them !Good luck.

Tasteless watery varieties on offer at the supermarkets don't seem to stack up these days :-(