RESURFACING BATHTUB DIY

vicks97, Jan 30, 11:46am
I read in a mag couple mounths ago that you can resurface a bath tub diy, I got some quotes to have it done and cant afford it, I can not replace my bath tub either because its kind of built in to the hand basin and surrounding wood work, has any one resurfaced their own bath tub and what do I buy to do it, and where do I go to get it,

trade4us2, Jan 30, 8:18pm
A new bathtub can be about $150, which may be cheaper and much much better than a resurfacing. I have pulled out and replaced four baths without any experience before, but it's not a simple job for the average DIYer.

vicks97, Jan 31, 6:42am
The the story using this product if there's surface rust in the bath

bradfam, Jan 31, 7:10pm
If you have surface rust, you would treat it beforehand,then apply refinish.

vicks97, Feb 1, 12:54am
how much you thinking of listing it at

beth39, Feb 1, 1:14am
A few years ago, we used what they call , two pot mix, for cars, it was great as we got the colour we wanted , and it wore really well. would recommend it if you want a complete change.

supernova2, Feb 1, 2:41am
Seen that done but not very simple to do if bath still in house.

Car type paints wont last if you clean your bath with Jiff etc, mind you neither will any other surface.

bradfam, Feb 1, 2:56am
hi vicks
I think from memoryit was around $50, but its just taking up space for me so I'm happy with $15 plus postage.I have no idea how much the post would be but lets say $5 and if its more I'll wear it!Less and I will pay back.

hatchback, Feb 1, 3:28am
Sounds like a great idea, you could do it inside, just mask off everything in the bathroom except the bath. You will need a respirator mask though and an extractor fan

lozzaqtn, Feb 1, 7:09pm
I painted the inside bottom of my claw foot bath with laminate and tile primer and laminate tile paint and it looks fantastic as there had been areas where it was looking a bit shabby and somebody else previously touched up with normal paint that flaked off

vicks97, Feb 21, 6:42am
hi bradfam have left you a message though your other listing