Slugs/strawberries

babyluthi, Nov 15, 5:10am
Strawberry patch surrounded in peas straw, doing very well.Picked some and popped them in a bowl for later, only to discover tiny little slugs came out of them.How do I combat this!ANY help would be appreciated.Thanks:\

gj, Nov 15, 5:31am
Thanks for asking this - I had the same problem last year and new strawberries are just coming ripe. I would love to know how to prevent them as well.

wheelz, Nov 15, 6:27pm
Slug and snail bait around the area!! Just as you would anywhere in the garden you don't want the pests.

lythande1, Nov 15, 6:28pm

tigra, Nov 15, 6:47pm
Thats a USA site - may not apply

maxi42, Nov 15, 7:04pm
I putbait into little lids so the stuff doesn't get into the soil. Always surprised about the number of dead slugs in. the morning!
Sprinkled neem granules too for anything else. Covered the soil with insect screen.

dibble35, Nov 16, 7:52am
It is small slugs, I had them to,but since putting barley straw under and around my strawberries hardly get any, I think they dont like slithering over the dry straw.

gj, Nov 16, 8:40pm
My latest problem is birds - they even seem to crawl under the bird netting, and always go for the biggest fruit just before its ready to pick.

korbo, Nov 16, 9:14pm
#p. samehere, just cant seem to be able to catch them tho.
how they hang on to the netting and eat beats us.
Our berries are in a planter about 18inches high.

eagles9999, Nov 16, 9:23pm
Last year my bigest problem was "midges" of "fruit fly" am trying Target this year

opa7, Nov 16, 11:34pm
Try Frostcloth, it is magic

js4sj, Nov 7, 7:17am
Had similar myself this year I grow some for markets and coffee grounds have done the trick!