Red Peppers

nfh1, Jan 29, 8:56am
I have red pepper plants which have lots of peppers on, but they are still green.Am I being too impatient or should they be red by now!They are around 12 cms long.Thanks

wendalls, Jan 29, 9:03am
Mine are green too.

jag5, Jan 29, 9:52pm
They will change.be patient.

ira78, Jan 29, 10:33pm
Be patient.You can still pick them now though.

nfh1, Jan 30, 1:44am
Thank you. I so want to pick them, but want them to be red!I will give them a few more days and then I may sneak one off the plant, just to try of course.

nfh1, Feb 4, 8:29am
Gave in and have picked one.Very good it is but very green!

eileenc2, Feb 4, 8:47am
I picked my first yellow one yesterday. Some others are just starting to change colour.I have mine against the very hot north facing wall of my house though.

wendalls, Feb 4, 9:23am
My bestest pepper had gone black! Sunburnt i guess!

nfh1, Feb 4, 9:30am
There is something quite magical about preparing a salad with everything from your own garden!So exciting.

LOL - does it show I am quite new to this vege garden thing!

tomatonut, Feb 4, 3:06pm
Wendalls be patient. Peppers normally go a blackish colour before turning to red.

samanya, Feb 5, 12:04am
Nothing to do with new to gardening or not, it's more to do with the passion/enjoyment of growing your own food & reaping the rewards , I reckon. I've been gardening for a long time & I still get a buzz when everything on my plate is from my garden & the flavour & freshness .can't beat it.

nfh1, Feb 5, 9:29am
I am so pleased with everything, even the nibbled ones!I keep going out to have a look at everything, although poor things will have been very cold today here in Hawke's Bay.

nfh1, Feb 24, 1:22am
They are still not red.

malcovy, Feb 24, 1:40am
Still need to be patient.

nfh1, Feb 24, 1:41am
LOL - I am not good at this patience bit!

wendalls, Feb 24, 8:58am
I have 2 lovely red ones.We have had lots of sun .

nfh1, Feb 24, 9:35am
I immediately looked where you are!We have had lots if sun and the peppers are enormous but they are still green!

nfh1, Mar 16, 10:05am
I have red peppers! You were right I just needed to be patient.I have used up a whole year's worth of patience though whilst waiting.They are really big peppers - definitely worth the wait.

malone4, Apr 21, 9:17am
i struggled with my peppers this year. they were flowering and then they went black and fell off.
but eventually they started forming fruit but only 3 from 8 plants.

what went wrong does anyone know! this is the first time i've attempted to grow them and i suck real bad at it.