Infra Red paint stripper

kenw1, Feb 15, 9:24pm
Anyone know where I can get one of these!Thanks

anne1955, Feb 16, 3:29pm
Do you mean a heat gun! If so I just brought one from Warehouse and it's as good as one I use to have and loaned someone and never got back and I'd brought that from Mitre 10I have been trying to do floor boards the have had foam back carpet glued to them years ago and no not by me hardware places have sold me a couple of products not cheap either and one stained the floor badly and the other was as useless as both toxic as to add to it. I kept saying would heat not do it.no this or that would be better .grrrrr.rolls eyes. anyway coming off great with it and so is varnish on a pine dresser and for a cost of under 25.00

ossieborn, Feb 16, 8:31pm
You Mean an Istrip I got mine though trademethey have a website www.i-strip.co.nz/ I liked it a lot, a bit slower than a heat gun but the lead stays put in the paint.

anne1955, Feb 17, 5:04am
They didn't say what size area and granted not sure well not at my age I would take on an outside of a house done a few totals inside but the I was 20 yrs younger And ossieborn you might need to be carful about displaying advertising links on message boards there are some rules some might get up set about especially if someone in the trades section does something like this cheers Anne

kenw1, Mar 11, 4:40pm
Thanks, no NOT a hot air gun, an I-strip thats the kiddy, I have to do a pile of windows and am sick of cracking the glass with hot air guns, no am not going to use chemical strippers because the rest of the paint is really good.

Will get hold of I-strip and see what deals are going.