Whats Yr DIY Project This Weekend?

Page 1 / 2
kp11, Jan 26, 12:17am
Im painting fences. 3 days worth. oh joy!
Tell me someone else is suffering too!

davea74, Jan 26, 12:18am
Just of to the beach.

lindylambchops1, Jan 26, 12:21am
Hubby is going to build a deck at the back door!Hasn't got the wood yet.1.21 pm!

dezzie, Jan 26, 12:28am
Ours "was" ripping out a native grass part of the garden just outside the kitchen window.until the wasps who have built a nest there somewhere had other ideas.so now its wasp watching and trying to find the nest entrance.the odd thing is, we havn't had any wasps inside apart from 1, and we always have the windows and doors wide open all day.

venna2, Jan 26, 1:40am
I've already completed mine, ahead of my expectations . I removed a covered and boxed-in sandpit that was here when I bought the house. I have three young grandchildren but they stopped playing in it. I've distributed most of the sand throughout the garden beside the sandpit, and will buy some grass seed later on.

kp11, Jan 26, 2:03am
LoL!Lindylamchops1 - give that man a rev!
dezzie - what sort of excuse is that!Get in there!
venna - jelous much your projects complete already!Way to go!
This fence feels like im living the never ending story on auto re-run :(
10 Litres down. 20 more to go. God help me!

lythande1, Jan 26, 2:46am
Put in a small water tank. Sprayed with copper.
Watered things.
Weeded things.

parisgal, Jan 26, 3:22am
Hubby built and installed a shelf unit at my school, just finished for the day

gtcrshr, Jan 26, 3:58am
Putting in a deck and 2 retaining walls .progress = all posts in

agens, Jan 26, 4:12am
Crikey last post, scuse pun.Thats oarsome progress.Would recommend a beer and a lie down after that.I will be off the garden at 1900hrs.

gbking, Jan 26, 4:50am
Catch trout
Smoke trout
Eat trout
Two down, one to go

kp11, Jan 26, 5:28am
OMG - Awsome job gtcrshr!

GBKING - I read that as open invite!Youl see us all there in 5!

agens, Jan 26, 5:31am
What do you think about the plan to lasso the trunks of the unwanted topiary trees( already lopped) and hitch them up to the towbar to removed them!

kp11, Jan 26, 5:46am
I think you should video it & show us!Sounds like mega fun! lol

maclad, Jan 26, 6:03am
Great idea.
My goal this weekend is to work out how the new toys I got for grandies go together, before they arrive to play with them.

michelle_smith, Jan 26, 6:55am
complete painting front picket fencing, paint deck, clear up branches, leaves from front and bag, clear out garage, yaee feels so good when completed.

kp11, Jan 26, 8:04am
Yee haa!Im 1/2 way!
Getting this body out of bed & moving tomorrows gunna be interesting though, lol.Aww, Ahh, Ouch

brn66, Jan 26, 8:17pm
Well I want to prepare the house for painting but my husband said we need to have the paint, undercoat etc before we start!

smiler127, Jan 26, 8:23pm
Tell him you'll nip out and get it, while he does the prep.

brn66, Jan 26, 8:29pm
Haha Great idea but I can't decide on colours yet!

soph001, Jan 27, 4:07am
Well next weekend we are ripping out a wall.a load-bearing one at that! Thank goodness for builder-fathers, as I am excellent at Demo, but average at finishing.

dibble35, Jan 27, 4:38am
On my days off this coming week, thurs-saturday, i'm going to build a largish wooden planter box that I saw and fell in love with, have taken loads of photos, measurements, worked out how it all goes together (mostly), now just need to buy the timber etc.

kp11, Jan 27, 4:53am
dibble35 -pics when your done please!
Just finished painting the fence - Yeee Haaa!Thank goodness thats not an everyday job!
Next project : Finish leaf guarding the spouting, then onto sanding windows.

kp11, Jan 27, 4:56am
Lol, Ive done that!Much enjoyment ripping it down!Then i learnt it was load bearing & had to get a builder quick to put the damb thing up again.hehehe.

mark_g, Jan 27, 7:30am
Cleaned out the garden shed. 2nd time in nearly 20 years. What a mission.