Seeds

rusty-bones, Nov 25, 8:38am
When you sow seeds, the packet flowers, some seeds are big but some are so tiny. My question is, with the tiny ones do you just place 1 seed in each hole or a few!

wessex, Nov 25, 9:09am
I just sprinkle the seeds and cover.

cantabman1, Nov 25, 7:23pm
I agree and do the same thing; you dont get many in a packet so it may require more than 1 packet to cover an erea.

piquant, Nov 25, 7:37pm
With very fine seed and if you need a broadcast sowing it is a good thing to mix your seed well with sand. That way, you can broadcast over a wider area and get a finer distribution of seed.

guest, Oct 9, 3:54pm
Gosh, where to begin! I love the re-usable bags, like the Chico bags, but I always find meslyf leaving them in my car/at the house/etc. Any solution to that would be great Credit card sized re-usable bags? I also could use a few of those things you stick at the bottom of doors to stop cold air from coming in, but the ones I can find on the market look extremely homely. I'd love to be able to get a great looking one of those! Maybe even just a cover so I could put it over a yucky looking one Have a great day!Kristen

guest, Oct 11, 8:23am
Oh my, I just watched the doamcentury No Impact Man this weekend and found myself wondering these very questions. It is so easy to get caught up in consumerism that every once-in-awhile it is good to ask ourselves these questions. While I'm not quite ready to give up toilet paper and electricity like No Impact Man did for the project, I have been noticing that I've been using more little plastic baggies. Perhaps this is one area that I can focus on using less of. Thanks for getting my wheels turning!

guest, May 29, 11:10pm
Wow! Thanks so much for your thoughts. I live in a wremar climate and never thought of those draft stoppers things (?). I really like the idea of small reusables. I was just fiddling around with one about the size of a pencil case, but a credit-card size could be great for so many things.Thank you. I'll keep you posted.