B B Q gas bottle blocked

hillty, Feb 15, 9:50pm
Any one know of the best method of clearing blockage!
It`s been out of use for some time, think the outlet valve (pin hole) may be blocked.

velenski, Feb 15, 10:00pm
get it checked out ,dont play around with it yourself

maclad, Feb 16, 2:01am
Is it the bottle that is blocked or the jets on whatever appliance you are using it with! If it is the BBQ or heater it can be an easy fix.

mrfxit, Feb 16, 2:37am
It will be the appliance or hose fitting depending on whats fitted where
Pretty damn hard to block the bottle tap.

hillty, Feb 16, 8:16am
Yeah, it is definatley the bottle.
Estimate at least half full , but no gas at the bottle.
Tried CRC, plus compressed air, even had a pokein there with fuse wire, to no avail, and no barby tonite, Grrrh,
Mite be town tommorow, new bottle, aye!

tmenz, Feb 16, 9:10am
The bottles have a built in valve - you won't get any gas out unless there is a fitting (regulator) screwed securely in to it.
Mine has to be screwed well and truly hard-in before it opens the safety valve!

monsieurl, Feb 16, 9:18am
This ^^^ Use a bit more muscle or try another regulator!

mrfxit, Feb 16, 9:59am
Arrhhh yes, the latest external screw on fittings need an internal pin to open the center safety valve.inside the tap.
OP
Are you using the old or new type bottle & or regulator or are both of the same type.

dunwoody, Feb 16, 8:14pm
tmnzThat was the first thing that came to mind.Its a safetything so gas won't escape if you turn 0n the tap without being conected . Yoy would have to go back a long way to find a bottle without the vave.

hillty, Mar 10, 10:03pm
OK, thanks people, this is a new bottle, I recently had to throw my old faithful of many decades. Sounds like common sense, I must have been lacking some yesterday!