Bromiliad new plants

westown123, Feb 8, 10:05pm
Could someoneadvise how to take bromiliad 'pup'from the main plant, best method,do i shake the main plant out or try and cutthe pup from the main plant in the container,not much room here. thanx lizzie

koru67, Feb 8, 10:09pm
This guy used to sell on TM before he left for overseas. Have a look at his website, or view his tutorial video - how to harvest pups. Easy to do once you have watched the video. Plus lots of good growing info. Good luck.
http://www.bromeliads.co.nz/information.html

westown123, Feb 8, 10:21pm
Thank you for that great information,watched the videoand now I'm away pupping bromeliads.

cantabman1, Feb 8, 11:45pm
Thanks from me,too-was just staring at mine this morning,wondering how best to divide the pups.Cheers!

koru67, Feb 9, 2:41am
You are both most welcome. I learnt how to remove pups from that video. Also he has great lists and photos of broms by growing situation, great to refer to from time to time.

hanmer, Feb 11, 9:19am
just don't pull the pups away if there are no little roots on them. they tend to rot when in the ground.some broms require cutting away from the parent with a sharp knife.be very watchful where you cut.

lecarver, Mar 6, 6:12am
On the broms I have I just carefully pull them away from the mother plant, haven't had one die on me yet.