Pumpkins. What time of the year do you throw your pumpkin seeds out to grow

vonkrum, Feb 5, 11:10pm
what time of the year do you throw your pumpkin seeds out to grow!

malone4, Feb 6, 1:32am
i plant mine out early spring.
be too late to plant now for the fruit.

canz, Feb 6, 3:39am
Yep agreed, and pumpkins don't do well in tunnel houses, the have to get cold at night

samanya, Feb 6, 5:28am
Mine grow all by themselves in a partiallycomposted bin!
Planted two plants in the garden & have about 5 pumpkins & the self sown job is like a triffid .at least 14 pumpkins on it.
How many pumpkins can one use .so it will be a few to give away this year, I reckon.

lodgelocum, Feb 6, 6:29am
Planted three plants and have only four pumpkins, not a great success rate, hopefully more will develop soon.

minn1, Feb 7, 8:07am
mine sat and only had 2 small ones on it for ages,and only male flowers from what I could see.and then about 2 weeks ago, it took off re budding pumpkins, so your's might as well,so just see what happens,they might be about to appear.

lodgelocum, Feb 7, 6:37pm
Minn1, I hope so, they all look very healthy, and the biggest of the three, is growing so big.

tjc30, Feb 7, 11:51pm
my bought one I planted a couple of months or so ago.only just really starting to do anything now.the self planted on in the compost.has taken off and is about 15 times the size and has little pumpkins on it. Should have saved my money on the bought one :)

marion3, Feb 8, 1:19am
Got 2 plants from the Nusery in Opunake and wow they have gone mad counted 22 pumpkin and all are looking good. then hubby has dab hand at Gardening.!not bad for Boy brought up inside the Arctic Circle.

lodgelocum, Feb 8, 5:34am
Lucky you.22 pumpkins.hopefully ours will start to do its thing, ours is very healthy just not a lot of pumpkins.I will savour the few we have.

lodgelocum, Feb 23, 1:45am
Four pumpkins have now become three, the leaves have gone all mouldy and starting to dry up.Better luck next year hopefully.

magnolia60637, Mar 19, 12:47pm
I through threw theinner pieces of a pumpin onto compost heap about six weeks ago and have small pumpkins already