Wanted to buy - frangipani plants, or seeds please

cookinwithgas, Jan 25, 12:41am
To grow inside in Christchurch. Happy to pay for postage etc. Preferably white, or white with yellow centre.

hilt_dwane, Jan 25, 12:45am
kiwilion sells them here

cookinwithgas, Jan 25, 4:09am
Thankyou, hilt_dwane.

arcane1315, Jan 25, 5:39am
wow - I didn't know you could grow these indoors.Did you know that once you have one growing, you can break a branch off it, let it dry out for a few days, then plonk it in the soil and away it goes -I am living in Rarotonga (coming back to NZ in two weeks for good) and have some lovely Tipanis as they are called here growing. Was going to do what I have seen in a few places around the island - plant three together, then when they grow into trees they all twirl together and make a beatiful sight.

cookinwithgas, Jan 26, 6:13am
That sounds gorgeous, arcane. I have never grown them but read that they are easy to prune & suitable for pots , and obviously inside in Christchurch, lol. I have not seen any others here in town to get a cutting off.
Have contacted kiwilion and bought some seeds so hope they sprout etc.

coralsnake, Feb 1, 7:11am
Seeds do not flower true to the parent plant!I used to grow these [but called plumeria] when living in Texas.Because of the still relatively mild winters, we grew them in very large pots which we sunk into pre-dug holes next to a trellis every spring.
As it became colder, we would move them into an unheated shed to winter over.During this time, would carefully watch the seed heads then when they were ready to pick off, we would do so potting up the seeds when the weather became milder.
They are relatively easy to grow.
I have seen a couple of websites where you can buy them in NZ.
You may find some helpful info at:
http://www.plumeria101.com/

hare1, Feb 18, 10:12pm
Mega have lovely healthy plants for sale.Bought one Friday $29.00.