Cost of Ready Lawn?

colandra1, Dec 28, 8:55am
Does anyone know the cost of ready lawn!

ro42, Dec 28, 5:49pm
varies, but about $8 per square metre + delivery.
However, you might like to think about this. The week before Xmas I tried to get some readylawn - I could collect it and only wanted a small amount, but they had all shut up shop until mid January. So I bought some 'surestrike' seed and seeded the small lawn I had made instead. I already have a lawn! The grass is now about 2" high. Saved a lot of hassle and money, and by the time the readylawn is available, it will be well-established. Although the readylawn provides instant dense green, I'm not sure (having done it both ways) that I would bother again.

rachsb4, Dec 28, 9:41pm
we had ready lawn from m10 dream home and it takes ALOT of work to keep it going. just sew your own

trouty63, Dec 29, 7:55pm
There's a new product I found at a garden centre called Urban Turf Solutions - haven't got a price, but it looks fantastic. It's not real, but you would swear blind that it is. Certainly looks real, and feels real as well. Might be worth a look!

spiritofgonzo, Dec 29, 8:13pm
looks real now - looks like shit in a year when it all flattens from the foot traffic

trouty63, Jan 4, 11:15am
Oh ok. It didn't look like that old fashioned "Warehouse" cheap plastic turf stuff. I'm planning on doing a bit more research into it when they get back into the office.