Another plumbing question, re pressure

smallwoods, Jan 23, 6:07pm
We have low hot water pressure in one tap (kitchen), but the laundry and bathroom are fine.
The kitchen is the closest to the hot water cylinder, only a metre away.

Talked with a plumber and he reckons it is head pressure, nothing can be done.

We have been here 16 years and can remember it being better then this.

Ideas?

johotech, Jan 23, 7:06pm
rusted pipes? Faulty tap?

That's all my crystal ball tells me :(

stylus1, Jan 23, 7:12pm
faulty tap, plumber can't make much profit from this job so b.s's you. Tell us what type of tap it is, and yes we know it's a chrome one!

dutchess46, Jan 23, 7:14pm
Maybe the tap has a cap to unscrew and clean the filter.

lythande1, Jan 24, 8:05am
You on low pressure or mains? If low, is that mixer a low pressure only one? Probably not is my guess.

tygertung, Jan 26, 8:18am
There must be a restriction in the tap or pipe.

androth2, Jan 26, 12:31pm
My kitchen hot tap sometimes gets slower and slower ,eventually I have to remove the top and clean out all the hot water cylinder dirt which seems to block it from opening completely.

trade4us2, Jan 26, 5:19pm
We should have a website or youtube for this. There are so many different reasons for low water pressure, starting with: was the pressure ever OK?

smallwoods, Jan 26, 10:13pm
HOT one!

I just had too, lol.

Riser mixer one, you know the two into one type with the long spout in the kitchen.

smallwoods, Jan 26, 10:14pm
The laundry and bathroom rum very well, about 3x as fast.

smallwoods, Jan 26, 10:15pm
Can I send you some glass cleaner to get a better view?
Cheers

nzjay, Jan 26, 11:56pm
Does the tap have an aerator gauze at the nozzle. it might be blocked with lime scale etc. They normally will unscrew to clean. Soak in white vinegar.

kitkat66, Feb 26, 5:00pm
Yes this,and as above Plumber is BS ing you ring another plumber. Head pressure can be simply sorted one easy method that worked for me was raising the pipe that comes out of the roof a couple of meters.

tonijo, Feb 27, 7:01pm
we had similar issue in the laundry - issue was galvanized pipes over time had shed stuff and narrowed the entry to the hot tap. Cleaned it out and good as new.

bryshaw, Feb 28, 9:04pm
Laudry had same slow pressure (cold) and plumber found a filter in the on/off wall tap had twisted around and was blocking the flow.

whynot47, Mar 3, 12:38pm
my hubby has that problem. low pressure

trade4us2, Mar 3, 4:26pm
Who uses galvanized pipes in the last 40 years? My plumber assured me that that Buteline is OK for high pressure cold and hot water. And there have been no problems or blockages.

kitkat66, Mar 16, 7:30pm
Come back in 4 years and well see.

tegretol, Mar 16, 9:07pm
You're turning the wrong taps on then.

trade4us2, Mar 16, 9:54pm
The pipes have been installed for 30 years so far.

pheonix, Mar 17, 7:29pm
I had replaced copper and original plastic pipes with buteline 7yrs ago and have had no problems at all. Both cold and hot are high pressure.
Had the old DUX plastic pipe and fittings replaced with buteline at my mothers place before that and she has had no problems. Maybe you were just unlucky kitkat66.

stylus1, Aug 10, 3:16am
turn off water and unscrew the hot tap and see if there is anything blocking it. Could be deformed washer or bad ceramic disc.