If growing a couple of plants gets legal

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 11, 9:35am
. will we be able to buy seeds on Trade Me?

samanya, Oct 11, 10:51am
Hiya - I'd imagine so - why not?
ha ha - might be only 2 seeds per person ;0)

curlcrown, Oct 11, 11:31am
Probably not, TM are social justice warriors. There are lots of items that are legal that they do not allow for sale here.

gpg58, Oct 11, 4:40pm
Best of luck trying to stop the local scum stealing them, once they are nearing maturity, even earlier with some halfwits.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 11, 5:19pm
Ha! I have a guard cat. No one would dare, lol.

gph1961, Oct 11, 5:21pm
PYO

marte, Oct 11, 8:03pm
But at least you could report the crime to the Police & they could catch the bad guys.
That's the result in this situation, where suddenly a big percentage of the population goes from hating the police & 'the system', to knowing that it's working for them, not against them, and now will fully co-operate with Law enforcement.
This will make the Polices job easier & they will retain trust.

Let's face it, the only reason for the cannabis laws as they stand is so the police can get the opportunity to blackmail people with the threat of getting convicted for a lesser offence & given a higher punishment.
( including, ironically, not being allowed into country's that have a legal cannabis market )
That's part of the reason I oppose the current police discretion system on cannabis, it's arbitrary & open to misuse.

callum.irvine, Oct 11, 10:01pm
No. None of the cannabis products available will be allowed to be sold online. Either within NZ or from overseas. Some licensed retailers will be able to import seed.

eddiedean1, Oct 12, 1:07am
banning the sale of nazi memoribilia and Golliwog dolls puts them on the right side of history. They are following Jesus example. Praise them

geoff_m, Oct 12, 10:44am
Your confidence in the police actually investigating thefts is touching, mispalced and naive, but touching.
Ask anyone who has been burgled. Clearance rate is around 6%, and based on my experiences, I only assume it is that high because of blind luck, or the crims discovering God and confessing all.

ira78, Oct 12, 12:54pm
Probably. We can buy tobacco seeds, yeasts and stills for alcohol. Trademe does tend to be pretty liberal, and that tends to be pro medical marijuana. Not like most conservative organizations.

callum.irvine, Oct 12, 1:55pm
No they won't be able to be sold anywhere online. Product or seeds. The proposed legislation is very clear. Believe me, I have looked at it as a potential product line in the future in case of a yes vote. But it's a big, solid, unmoveable,no.

gpg58, Oct 12, 7:24pm
opps wrong thread

marte, Oct 12, 7:39pm
How will people get seeds or clones for their 'grow two at home' plants?

I'd expect it would be from the same shop that can legally sell Cannabis in the first place.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 12, 9:25pm
So, not even at the local garden centre?

lythande1, Oct 12, 9:33pm
Shops, the permitted ones. or word of mouth, friends and the like. Pretty much the way it is now.

ashleyschultz, Oct 14, 3:41pm
If it becomes legal Shane Jones has promised an aerial drop over New Zealand to get the regions working again.

curlcrown, Oct 15, 1:45pm
That's only a very small part of the list. What about the rest of the items that are banned?

trade4us2, Oct 15, 2:00pm
I sold a noxious weed here with no problems. I used its Latin name

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 15, 2:39pm
Excellent! I shall scatter mine in that Free Pony paddock I have out back.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 15, 2:41pm
I can beat that, I bought one without its latin name, lol.

Very nice it was too, exquisite perfume - but it outgrew the space and I replaced it with a legal version.

ira78, Oct 16, 7:15am
Used to be pretty common to see gambusia and koi sold here, incorrectly identified of course.
Haven't paid much attention in a few years though.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 16, 10:07am
DoC keep a close eye on Fish and plants these days.

trade4us2, Sep 19, 10:44pm
Actually it was a fungus on a noxious weed that I sold at cost. Now I want the fungus to kill off the weed again.