Xmas cactus question?

samsnan, Apr 6, 6:55pm
I have 3 huge ones but this year not one of them has flowered anyone know why? Thanks.

wine-o-clock, Apr 6, 7:25pm
mine havent flowered for a few years

kiwicarol, Apr 6, 7:32pm

wine-o-clock, Apr 6, 7:47pm
eight days of 16 hours of dark?

samsnan, Apr 6, 7:56pm
This is the first year of no flowers. Plants are 12 years old.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 7, 7:26am
Mine flower every year until they run out of food, whereupon I haul their overgrown butts out of their terracotta pots and replant with new mix and away they go again. They seem to thrive on neglect - outdoors, here on the Shore - until they are on the point of starving to death. But I have no doubt their body clocks are a huge influence as well, just as ours are.

veejay13, Apr 7, 8:11am
I thought mine wasn't going to flower this year, but just in the last week or so it's become covered in buds. I think we're all talking about the same plant. Mine always flowers in winter (not at Xmas). As it's originally a northern hemisphere plant it flowers at Xmas up there, hence the name.

samsnan, Apr 22, 8:09pm
Update they all are coming into bud just the last week. Patience it seems.

articferrit, Apr 23, 7:17am
Mine get no TLC at all except for throwing the odd cup of water on them, one has a few flowers already and another is getting buds, 3rd is sulking but always flowers well.

veejay13, Apr 23, 8:03am
Mine has just started flowering now, but seems to have changed colour. It used to be bright pink and is now white! Perhaps I should have been feeding it with something, although general opinion seems to be that they prefer to be ignored.

oh_hunnihunni, Jul 31, 2:50pm
Mine are budding now. The soil in the pot must have hit the right temp matching daylight hours.

I love the way these things so readily start from broken stems. So easy to reproduce.