Plant for a xmas pressy ,,,

honeysacat, Dec 1, 5:43am
think im gonna get MIL a plant for christmas. (cos they have everything they want)any suggestions! I was thinking something that can live in a pot.cos I was gonna get her a pot too

southerngurl, Dec 1, 6:45am
a rose.

harrislucinda, Dec 1, 7:38am
poinsettiatheyareall redleavesthey comeoutintoshopsatxmas

jills3, Dec 1, 7:42am
yes I agree with poinsettia,they look good andare a reasonable price, so shop around.

wendalls, Dec 1, 7:58am
make sure the pot coordinates with her current scheme. Mine got handed back when it didn't match.lol I had actually hand painted it with paint effects -blue and silver in an art class. Oh well.!
I would prefer useful plants like a bay, mandarin, lime or kaffir lime.
Or else one of those cool orchids or bromeliads.

kateley, Dec 1, 8:11am
I always think those big red hippieastrums are christmassy

helianthus, Dec 1, 8:16am
Sansevieria!

kinna54, Dec 1, 9:20am
potted patio rose.for on the porch or deck. keep the pot plain and decorate with a xmas bow, that could be removed later.
some people don't like indoor plants.or have allergies.I once was given potted lillies.I sneezed for days.

tarant, Dec 1, 9:35am
Hippeastrum - it's a bulb that you can buy potted at the garden centre AND it'll flower every summer

http://is.gd/JtWYxJ

she'll love it!

jadecatx, Dec 1, 10:56am
I agree i am in love with the poinsettia at the moment although have made my mother inlaw a succlent planter up from other trademe members

lythande1, Dec 1, 6:02pm
How could we suggest! We have no idea of her taste.what does she have now! What's in her garden!

kiwilion, Nov 28, 8:52pm
Its not easy buying plants for the gardener.
My most favourite plant gift was a Bunnings Voucher from my daughter last year.I had several months of pleasure, buying what I wanted, and when I wanted.

Other lovely plant gifts received have been a ginormous peace lily in flower, a plaited money tree and a ponytail palm, all in nice pots.