Kit set, stitch n glue canoes n kayaks.

bill1451, Dec 3, 4:06pm
This seems a quick way to build a small boat, canoe or kayak, just asking has
anyone tried this, lotsa cable ties to hold the precut sheets of ply and then epoxy and fibreglass tape. Has anyone of our DIY people tried this.

androth2, Dec 3, 10:03pm
simple cable ties need holes to go through ,not needed in a boat

omamari, Dec 4, 8:15am
I used fine copper wire to tie the ply together. Snip of the ends and sand smooth. Holes aren't actually a problem they will be filled with the epoxy coating

oh_hunnihunni, Dec 4, 9:09am
I seem to recall a kitset dinghy like that put together in a few hours on that Ozzie gardening show that used to screen here years ago. It worked beautifully because I remember they put it into the water and paddled off in it.

bill1451, Dec 4, 1:46pm
oh thats always good, it didnt leak then.

bill1451, Dec 4, 1:49pm
Did you "loft" the plans or use a kitset.
Lofting is drawing up full size plans from smaller ones, probably not for
everyone.

bill1451, Dec 4, 1:50pm
The seams (joins) are filled with fibreglass tape and epoxy resin.

omamari, Dec 5, 6:55am
I bought full size plans from the US, I'm actually making an Annapolis Wherry. Been 7 years, other things get in the way

elect70, Dec 5, 2:01pm
Yet molded plastic l kayaks & dingys are so cheap one wonders why bother unless you really want to DIY . Me I just bougt brand new2.6M sea kayak complte in molded plastic very strong for $230 plan on putting electric OB on it Even plastic molded dingys can be bought for under $1000 complte

bill1451, Sep 5, 9:47pm
not really interested in sea kayak, and 2.6 m is way too short for river work general rule of thumb is the narrower it is the better it slips through the water and easier paddling, but not so narrow it becomes unstable. What type of battery and motor are you using and wattage of motor, please.