Gas cooktop

sstraight, Jan 29, 6:19pm
Looking at changing to a cooktop and was wondering which is the best brand to get.

toyboy3, Jan 29, 6:56pm
Look for the one with the right type of burners that you will use, I have a five burner hob and one burner is oval but don’t have a rectangle grill plate , and I haven’t found a use for it

davidt4, Jan 29, 7:33pm
We have a Bosch 5 burner and it has been totally reliable for five years so far. It's relatively easy to clean unlike some others I have had over the years.

wine-o-clock, Jan 30, 12:20pm
i dislike the iron stands the pots sit on-they are terrible and heavy to clean

zsazsa777, Jan 31, 10:52pm
Govt announced today the phasing out of gas.

lissie, Feb 1, 12:05am
Fake news

wembley1, Feb 1, 7:54am
Fake news

A government think tank has issued a *draft* plan where they *propose* phasing out new gas connections by 2032.

bill1451, Feb 2, 7:10pm
Proposal is to , no more gas bottles by 2025, NOTE this is a "proposal"
I thhink there will be such a backlash against this they will back traCK ON IT ANYWAY. so when the power goes off what do we do, charcoal burners dont really cut it anymore and in a closed fire season ya aint sposed to use them.

toyboy3, Feb 12, 12:26pm
When looking for a gas cook top , I have a parmco stove , it’s a poor design need some time adjustment on the clock for electric oven to work plus it’s a 24 hour clock , the decal printing of which burner and the controls are so small too hard to read

harm_less, Feb 12, 1:22pm
If you get a hob with a wok burner be aware of the actual size of a wok which often overlaps the neighbouring burners making them unusable when wok cooking.

wine-o-clock, Feb 12, 1:27pm
my parmco decal printing has all worn off!

christin, Feb 12, 1:30pm
ive had a smeg one for 20 years, and was in the house when i bought it. wasnt brand new then either.

the only issue is the writing has worn off, but hopefully theyve fixed that on models 20+ years newer!

tygertung, Feb 12, 2:32pm
Those gas cooktops are a real ripoff as they are a pain to clean and then you have to rent a ripoff bottle unless you use 9 kg bottles.

m16d, Feb 12, 2:50pm
When you rent a "ripoff" bottle, the gas is half the price of buying it in 9kg's.

bcohen, Feb 16, 6:22pm
My gas cooktop is an Asko. I got it because it’s 900 wide, has the wok burner on the side so I can still use another burner, and it has cast iron grid on the top. Basically everything I wanted. It’s really easy to clean. I’m not sure why it would be hard to clean a gas cooktop?

gph1961, Feb 16, 6:48pm
we use 9kg bottle 30 buck refill

blueviking, Feb 17, 7:32am
Piped gas is even better if you have it. Can't help with a brand as mine is an American Philco, again over 25yrs old. Not a lot can go wrong with them.Just get a brand that has a branch in NZ, if anything goes wrong.
And likely some entrepreneur is already working on the feasibility of importing gas bottles from OZ.

sarahb5, Feb 17, 10:37am
Not hard to clean and much easier to control while cooking - mains gas here so no bottles. I’ve got the basic Haier from Noel Leeming - does all I need it to do - there’s only 2 of us here, has a wok burner but very rare I’d be cooking on another ring at the same time as using my wok so works fine for us

sarahb5, Feb 17, 10:40am
No new gas connections in new builds after 2032

wembley1, Aug 17, 9:47am
Says a DRAFT PROPOSAL which is open for public comment until 14 March.

When the report is finalised and submitted to the government the government may choose to adopt such a proposal (or they may not).

If you disagree with the proposal put some effort into changing it by making a submission.

Draft here: https://www.climatecommission.govt.nz/get-involved/our-advice-and-evidence/ Submission form here: https://haveyoursay.climatecommission.govt.nz/comms-and-engagement/future-climate-action-for-aotearoa/