Which gas stove

tearaitrader, Jul 14, 4:18am
Hi going to buy a gas hob gas oven free standing oven .600 wide .
The 2 cheapest options look to be pharmco or indesett . Any opinions on these 2 ?

rojill, Jul 14, 5:34am
Parmco have never given us any trouble, Local masterplumber/gas fitter recommended them as being good value for money. Have had three . View at www.parmco.co.nz - Based in Mt Wellington Auckland - 20 year history,
AR 600-LEG - your local "Better Electrical" outlet will probably have a sharp price, if you ask them.

lissie, Jul 14, 6:09am
I had a build-in electric Parmco oven in a rental - it barely lasted 3 years - v. unimpressed - would never buy the brand again.

I wouldn't go cheapest for a major applaince like this - I've just bought my 2nd delonghi (first one stayedwith the house we sold) - they are a good middle of the road brand - you can get them for about 1800

tearaitrader, Jul 14, 7:00am
thanks for replys . The gas /gas option is the problem as most ovens are gas top and electric oven .

rojill, Jul 14, 7:15am
Gas - top, Gas - oven = Parmco AR 600-GAS GAS

lissie, Jul 14, 8:56am
Oh I missed that -are you sure you want gas/gas ? I had it years ago - but I wouldn't go back to a gas oven again - too addicted to fan bake!

tearaitrader, Jul 14, 11:13pm
Yes agreed electric oven may be better , probably why most ovens these days are electric. , However this is for an off grid home , And to provide enough electrical energy for an electric oven is not cost efficient .
Thanks All for replys.

annies3, Jul 15, 6:05am
Hi we have Gas /Gas as you describe it, but rarely use it as we have a Wagener cooker which heats the water does all the cooking and also heats the home as well, so the gas is only for emergencies or when it is too hot for the wood burner cooker, this system would be ideal for your off grid home, we are not off grid though, this is just what we prefer. when we rewired the house we included the electric wiring for a stove so that it is there if anyone prefers that option.

aredwood, Jul 15, 8:46am

dingo011, Jul 18, 3:28am
Have a look at Belling. We have had one for three years and fantastic. We imported ours from the U.K but I see Noel Lemmings? or Harvey Norman sell them now. Maybe not the cheapest but have had Smeg in the past and so much better. You will love the double oven as well.

majoba, Jul 18, 11:11am
Recommend Parmco. Have a gas hob electric oven. Great service from Parmco as well when trying to resolve issue around burners which was the fault of the gas fitter. For the price, fully recommend. Had mine 2.5 years,.

sr2, Jul 18, 11:28am
Hi, not intending to hijack the thread but can you run a gas hob from conventional "BBQ" size gas bottles? Obviously the system would be installed by an approved gas fitter with the bottle located outside.

annies3, Nov 20, 9:02am
This is fine we use a 9kg bottle with a spare on standby but we only need a refill about 6monthly as the stove is not used a lot.