Most used tools/equipment in your shed.

Page 1 / 2
bill1451, Feb 18, 9:06pm
I,ve been a shed guy for 50 years plus, the piece of kit I probably use the most
is probably a 6 inch engineers vice, and power tool, a 125mm disc grinder, closely followed by a large ball peen hammer when things dont go as they should, and I havent even started on the 50 Plus years of woodworking kit.

tweake, Feb 18, 9:11pm
most used. screw drivers, spanners and socket sets. some of those are 25+ years old now.

oh_hunnihunni, Feb 18, 9:19pm
My secateurs.

hammer23, Feb 18, 11:49pm
I love my saw sharpening vice and saw tooth setter, hand plane plus my brace and bit and egg beater drill ,then on a good day I get out the pump action screwdriver from my beloved canvas tool bag.
Don't believe a word of it, in your dreams boy all my gear now has either a three pin plug or 18v battery attached to it which is how it should be.

gpg58, Feb 19, 2:27am
Favorite tool is my socket set, had it 40 years, never broken or damaged any of it, despite 1m+ pipe on ratchet and other bars, and jumping on pipe sometimes(black ETC industrial set).
Most used, probally hammers, and screw drivers, all types for both.
I was taught there are two rules to engineering, first is - if it moves weld it, second - if it doesn't move, you need a bigger hammer.
My go to hammer is a 4lb club hammer, but never try checking suspension component slop, by smacking a tire hard with it, or like me once, you may wake up with a pounding headache, and large bruise on forehead.

stevo2, Feb 19, 6:26am
Dewalt 305mm mitre saw and stand. Use it all the time for perfect cuts.

sossie1, Feb 19, 8:28am
i studied silversmithing in 2001 for one year. There was a compulsory tool purchase, and all I can say is that Grobet tools are amazing. I still have and use all the different pliers. I think individually at the time they were about $40 per pair, but they are the only pliers that the handle covering has stayed on, so 20 years old!
Plus I love my drill press

nicc4, Feb 19, 11:58am
Oldest tool i use alot is a set square i got from my grandfather. Being a farmer the Estwing hammer, Stillsons, Hayes fencing spade, and Ultracrimp 5n1 would be the favourites.

wasgonna, Feb 19, 12:11pm
I've got one of everything but they look too much like work so I just look at them.

zak410, Feb 19, 3:02pm
Elu combination saw bench, about 40-year-old now still gives perfect cuts and mitres.

oh_hunnihunni, Feb 19, 3:13pm
When I moved into a tiny space I downsized a lot of tools, mine and inherited. I am glad I kept my hacksaw though. Strange how often having it has come in very handy, for me and the neighbours.

articferrit, Feb 19, 3:42pm
does having an 'old man' who spends a lot of time in our shed count? hes very well used.

nicc4, Feb 19, 4:29pm
But is he a "tool" ?

articferrit, Feb 19, 6:02pm
yup, hes a total tool, - good for a bit of everything, and anything.

nicc4, Feb 19, 6:22pm
Ok so not a Novak Djokovic type tool

trade_menow, Feb 19, 9:53pm
Must have a new appliance in there

marte, Feb 20, 4:14pm
Band aids, I use thm quite often.

articferrit, Feb 20, 5:27pm
. . . or a phone to ring the dentist - as happened here recently.

needy, Feb 20, 5:35pm
Scroll saw is my passion

joanie32, Feb 20, 6:02pm
Tape and small set square

I have one of each in my sheds, houses, and my car.

I’ve asked to be buried with these two things, and a piece of chalk.

socram, Feb 20, 7:57pm
I suppose it all depends on what section. As one who works on the house and cars and hobbies, favourite or most used tools tend to vary.

1) Combination 1/2" imperial socket set with spanners, (bought by my first wife as a wedding present in 1969 - lasted way longer than the marriage - and probably still in better condition than either of us.)

2) Can't these days go beyond a cordless drill

3) Triton saw bench - oh how I wish I'd had that before I built the kitchen cupboards!

4) Soldering iron

5) Bench grinder, but the buffing wheel, not the grindstone

6) Multimeter

7) Set of Metrinch spanners and sockets

bryshaw, Feb 20, 9:26pm
My Sidchrome metric/imperial set is almost as old as your set. It was all I could afford at the time when the garages were using Stahwille, the ultimate sockets which are practically indestructable.

gpg58, Feb 20, 11:43pm
No way i could afford a Stahlwille either, was in George henry to buy a koken, but salesman showed me the etc and said it was top grade stuff impact rated stuff, at an far lower price still, which turned out to be correct.
Ps, i have a sidchrome 300mm extension, which i still keep as a drift/punch, after snapping its socket end clean off, but to be fair, i had the etc extension above it, on the ratchet at full extension(factory sliding extending handle to 450mm), with an addition piece of pipe on the end. - (it had a silly reduced diameter area at snapping location)

bill1451, Feb 21, 8:26am
I still have a brace and bit, unused since cordless drills, had both a small egg beater drill and a bigger 1/2" but longsince gone in the scraP METAL bin.
4 cordless drills in various states,one converted to corded and in a drill press for small jobs. I have a Hitachi drill I bought in 1976 and had to replace the brushes a couple of years ago, outlasted many many "predator"
or "X2" type drills.

fibertrix, Feb 22, 11:30am
As my German neighbour would say " Vat iss it viss you Kivis and your ankle grrinders".