Cleaning concrete

doree36, Sep 8, 9:29pm
my paths and concrete terrace are in need of a clean. I have been told i can use Janola and water in a spray unit. what proportions please, thanks in advance Noni R

budgel, Sep 9, 1:18pm
The back of one of my bottles of janola says rinse first, for outdoors use 1:4 and scrub with the mixture, leave 10-15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
If you dont want to scrub then I would try 1:2 after rinsing first and applying to damp concrete.

Wet And Forget is specifically made for this sort of job.

zeta7, Sep 10, 4:39pm
use cheap as u can get washing powder put on dry concrete wait for it to rain if heaps of moss use brush after it rains and reapply it is a job my grand kids do for me and love it it lasts to winter and gets whiter and whiter like new concrete

zeta7, Sep 10, 4:47pm
I use it on decking to but u have to wet it and use broom to clean dont wash off will last to winter to it dont harm plants or grass

jules286, Sep 27, 5:01pm
Yes the Budget brand, and the cold water surf work well. As above wait until it rains, I've just done yesterday this by putting the soap powder with water until it dissolves in the watering can. and pour over the concrete, and it works well, though I prefer the rain method. Creates a nice smell as well.