Shower only 'hot' on the hotest setting?

bargainhunter10, May 6, 4:28pm
Hello. Sparky came round the other day and replaced element and thermostat in hot water cylinder. He emptied the tank to do this and flushed the lines. I now find that I can only have a hot, cold or tepid shower. Previously my shower was set the the 4 oclock position (have a methven shower), now i have to turn the tap full on to the hot to have a hot shower. any small adjustment towards the cold immediately makes the water tepid or luke warm?

mojo49, May 6, 5:11pm
Thermostat set lower than it was before. Up it to 60 deg C to prevent legionnaires forming in the cylinder.

cazey, May 6, 5:25pm
What is the best brush cutter for a female? I need to do some serious weed whacking, but the brush cutter look too long for me to use?
Help

maclad, May 6, 5:36pm
You need to set thermostat lower, them you won't get so hot and you maybe able to use for longer. Good luck on this one.

delshamic, May 6, 5:45pm
listen to mojo

bill1451, May 6, 6:32pm
what is the water like in the rest of your house, basins laundry etc.
if its normal hot the you may have a blockage in your shower mixer.
if water in rest of house is luke warm then the thermostat needs adjusting to 60 deg max.

bargainhunter10, May 6, 9:26pm
thanks bill1351. water in rest seems fine. thermostat is set to approp temp

bargainhunter10, May 6, 9:27pm
will get shower mixer checked

bassmo1, May 6, 9:48pm
Sounds like something is blocking the hot water flow.

pamols, May 8, 4:06pm
Spray shower head with white vinegar and put plastic bag over it for awhile then turn shower to hottest setting and rinse it through. Should help shift any sediment blued up.
There is a product specially for lime buildups and sorry cannot think what’s it’s called but using it to do same would work as well!

les6, May 8, 7:51pm
"emptied the tank and flushed the lines" when our shower was first installed after a renovation all was well till we used it and had a similar thing happen,the plumber came back and had to dismantle the mixer as it was full of bits and pieces of thread tape and fragments of pvc pipe etc.you could have a similar problem?

shepa1, Nov 13, 5:47am
Our shower makes a horrible noise when the hot water is running through. he hotter the shower the worse the noise. And the control is super sensitive. Keep meaning to phone a plumber (anyone know of a good one in Hamilton?) but it's one of those things. Means I cannot have a nice hot shower before I climb in to bed at 2 am after afternoon shift without waking the family.