Best glue

fxx99, Jul 28, 2:00pm
What would be the best glue for metal to metal. Need to fix a metal (aluminium) tent pole that snapped and I need to place a lager tube over the broken bits. Need something strong that wont break. Doesn't need to be flexible. Any recommendations ?

gpg58, Jul 28, 2:04pm
I think any glue would do, if sleeve you are fitting is a good fit with a large overlap each side of break(no large gap to fill), even no more nails and the likes. I like the fast setting type, sets hard and foams up to fill gaps.

planespotterhvn, Jul 28, 5:03pm
One of those hard setting metallic epoxy twin packs would be good.

hulloitsme, Jul 28, 5:26pm
Personally, I would rivet it.

flancrest, Jul 28, 7:42pm
Any glue? No. Many would be very poor choices.

gpg58, Jul 28, 8:01pm
Could have been a bit clearer perhaps. By any glue, i mean any type that says ok for material being glued(metal), obviously not paper paste etc

bill1451, Jul 28, 8:11pm
its called a "tig" welder lol

gpg58, Jul 28, 8:24pm
agree, personally i would weld too, but not everyone has one.
The basic junk mail gasless migs, are my go to item for such small stuff, like the $219 supercheap one, complete with helmet, gloves etc, as an example.
http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/catalogue#view=catalogue2&saleId=9714&page=7

gammelvind, Jul 28, 9:36pm
This will do the job well. It’s a good panelbond that fits a standard cartridge sealer gun.

https://abe.co.nz/product/5761b-pliogrip-panelbond/

amasser, Jul 29, 10:04am
Rivet, weld or hose clamps over the sleeve?

planespotterhvn, Oct 14, 11:19am
One of the strongest glues I have found is Gorilla Glue, Urethane foaming Moisture cure. Not Gorilla Grip or Gorilla PVA. Sticks wooden furniture back together especially broken chairs and stools, sticks to masonry concrete metal. Buy Small tubes as the stuff can cure in the bottle in a few days to weeks after opening. Spray a little water on the joint, apply glue, and clamp hard as the glue foams out and can blow the joint apart, Wear gloves, and wipe up excess immediately as product stains skin for days. .