Lawn fertiliser - liquid

trah, Mar 25, 1:21pm
For the past few years I have used a granular fertiliser which I have applied during heavy rain ( in gumboots and raincoats, Lol) in an effort to ensure no burning. But it did, both times. So now I want a liquid lawn fert - not Weed n Feed because I have never been able to attach the thing to the hose - that I can use from a watering can. Any recommendations please?

harrislucinda, Mar 25, 2:28pm
seaweed liquid is good as any Use on any plants

trah, Mar 27, 2:45pm
Thanks - have just used a dilution of Seasol. Will see if it works as well as the granular stuff. At least there shouldn’t be burn patches with the Seasol.

hazelnut2, Mar 28, 8:35am
Here's my experience:

I started to use Weed and Feed around 12 years ago and funnily enough I couldn't get the hose system to work either. so, not being one to bother with ideas which don't work for me I decided on my own way: wrestling the top off the bottle and using a backpack sprayer!

I add the water first and the W&F last to avoid excess foaming. I marked on the sprayer where the amounts were, (because no manufacturer will make their litre marks more visible) and I put the W&F in a cut down milk bottle to measure it. 10 litres water, 1.5 litres W&F. My backpack sprayer has two nozzles on a T-shaped wand and I pump and spray as I walk in lines across the lawn to get it even. My left arm sure gets a good work out! I also wear a raincoat and gumboots to protect me from the spray.

koru67, Dec 3, 3:15am
Well I listened to Tony Murrell on the AM show last week and his comment was if you want to feed your lawn naturally do not remove the clippings . mulch. Lawn clippings are nitrogen and lawns want nitrogen. So as I do not want to use granules or anything on my lawn that may affect the birds, frogs or out cat I am now using the mulch option on our mower. Not that we had a problem with non green grass in most places anyway, and the only place that struggles does not get sun in winter. Will see if it improves out tricky partly shady patch.