Best way to trim really long tough grass in town

zeepaardje, Nov 3, 8:11pm
My grass is of a tough and really long variety, with buttercup and a few dock plants. Any idea how to mow it (apart from hiring a farmer with a tractor). It is not very level either, humps and bumps. Anyone renting out goats? Other suggestions? Too much for a brush cutter.

pauldw, Nov 3, 9:57pm
In town but you still mention tractor. What is the area involved? I've just cut some grass about 1m high with a scrub cutter. The trimmer head coped but the blade was faster.

zeepaardje, Nov 3, 10:03pm
My trimmer does not cope, gets stuck in the tough grass. 1250m2 section.

tegretol, Nov 3, 10:38pm
Goats.

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 4, 10:20am
Tougher trimmer?

mojo49, Nov 4, 11:23am
Motorised brush cutter rather than weed eater for first round, then more regular management of the sward to keep it under control. Goat,sheep, sythe, sycle, slasher, roundup, fire, concrete, walk behind or ride on heavy duty mower? Could be a combination of several or all of the above.

ianab, Nov 4, 12:12pm

treens2, Nov 4, 6:31pm
Sprayed a large area that had long grass lots off stones and trees in ithere once grass is dead I will pick out the stones an quietly go over it with my ride on lawnmower or look at what ianab is suggesting

pico42, Feb 19, 3:06pm
Hire a heavier duty trimmer, as in a proper scrub bar. I have one that I can change the head from line trimmer to solid blade. One of the blade options is using a skilsaw blade which will let me cut gorse and manuka.

No way that it would be stopped by long grass.